Nice Weekend







We had a nice Holiday weekend. Great weather for the first couple of days so the girls were outside with the new slip n' slide and then Dave put up the pool and they filled it with water. Ice cream cones and BBQ chicken it was all good. Friday Dianne and I headed over to Paulas to crop. We giggled all night and even got lots of work done. Of course Paula made slushy cosmo drinks so that didn't damper the giggling any. Luckily Seth was the only one home and found us quite amusing I think. The girls Sleepover and Sleep under were huge success'. Although on Sunday they were both quite exhausted and we had a couple of moments.
Monday Dave headed to Manteno and did his Memorial Day thing ending with a Parade and lunch given at the American Legion. He had a great time. And he was home by 1:30 so we still had family time! So we did a movie and dinner out. We watched Bolt. It was so cute. I think everyone enjoyed it, even Dave who said he wasn't interested.
There was a phone call to Uncle Cris to sing him Happy Birthday which made them giddy right before bed last night! Happy Birthday Cris!!!!
Oh I almost forgot about the project pictured here. This was Emily's teachers, Staff Appreciation gift. She loves Cows so I paper pieced these cows from one I found at SCS using SU punches. I then found a pattern for the mini shirt box and stamped red and kraft paper with a wood grain stamp and cut out my barn like pieces to cover the box. The cards use a wheel which wheeled and colored with Copics. I just added the paper pieced cows to scallops to cover the candy, the teachers favorite kind of course. Then tied everything up with twine and added a little thank you note. This was a fun project I had a good time making it and I think she really liked it.
Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. I have to keep reminding myself it is not Wednesday!

4 comments:

itsallrosi said...

these are so cute!

B said...

This is way too cute! Love the details!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Your cows are adorable!

Lyn S said...

Those cows are so cute!