Mission Organization

If only it were as quick and easy as a 30min show! Yikes. A trip to Ikea and the Container Store this weekend only made me more determined to get organized. Only I'm trying to organize an entire house at one time. Since I seem to have less of an attention span than my 2 small children lately I wonder if I'll ever find the end to this project? It's frightening. So far I got my 2 SU/Stamping Cabinets Organized. I have a new solution for the SU scraps that will hopefully work(this is a quest as usual). My loose ribbon is in big cool Ikea jars wrapped on clothes pins unless it's still taped from my last order. My silk flowers are in cool little Ikea jars. The kids craft cabinet is all cleaned out and the kids stuff is in labeled boxes for pencils/stamp pads etc. Oh yeah I labeled all my SU stamp sets with white background I can actually find a stamp set in record time. I've cleaned off the top of my Iris carts behind the door. I've made files for all the paper(need more filenames). I've finished all my swaps except my 2 that are 1 on 1! NO MORE SWAPS for awhile! All I have is a paint can of Illinois this is hard! And my roomie swap hard part here is the make and take but I have so many card kits leftover from classes I should be good to go I just have to figure it out! I now need to organize all my paper that needs to be filed away and label my cardstock/colored patterned paper and patterned paper by manufactuerer. I think that will be all the labeling for me for awhile I need a refil for my label maker and I don't feel like going to the Office Supply store today so I'll make friends with the trash can the rest of the day. It's almost full so my goal is to fill it to the top!

I've made lists of things I want to accomplish this month for me and for the girls. And my future Ikea and Container store purchase lists. I've drawn diagrams of where everything should go. I'm obsessed and I'm sure this obsession will wane long enough for everything to get out of hand again! But before that happens I've written it all down so I can't forget! So I got the top of the buffet in the kitchen cleaned off(except the disco ball and box WHY are we saving the box Dave?). I'm using that messed up catch all Longaberger basket for our daily fun stuff. I have my book of the day in there a project of the day and our workbook right now we are doing animal finds. I have a list of project kits I want to put together in there. We'll do a cardmaking day soon I have to finish Em's thank you's. Today is shrinky dinks! I also have finger paints and many things to make and do with paper towel and TP rolls! LOL ! Can you tell I've been scouring my kids craft library. So far this morning they are just thrilled I found the Polly Pocket etching plates(who knew). Plus I made them each a box for their crayons with their names on it!

I even have a new idea how to do snacks/lunch each day. That's right my children are grazers! I'm going to work with that! Take advantage of it and make them more self sufficient with only healthy choices to make. I feel like all I do is make breakfast/snacks/lunch/snacks that and all the cleanup takes up so much time each day time I could be using more wisely!

I can only hope this organization bug lasts me until the studio/craft room is complete then I can take pictures and post them.

Back to the salt mines! Have a great day!

No comments: