Catching up as usual

Friday came faster than normal for me. I still feel like it should be Monday. Mom got her Sunday morning for Mothers Day(she didn't plan that) we headed to home depot and the paint store. Came home with doughnuts and got to work on the room which Dave had cleaned out. The girls now have a room the lovely shade of pepto bismol. I'm getting used to it. But it's clean and freshly painted to I'm thrilled. Bob & Marilyn came out and we all had Maggiano's carryout for dinner. Very Yummy! I got my most wonderful Sewing machine the day before and showed everyone that would watch what it could do! Love new toys! I'm so overwhelmed by it though that I don't know what to sew first and I have to figure out the bobbin thing! LOL. Got an adorable card from the girls and some pipecleaner jewelry! Made a couple of gorgeaous if I do say so myself cards for the moms which they loved.

So Monday my mom, me and the girls hung out and planned some more stuff for the new bedroom. Then mom had to take off for the airport and Emily had to go to school. But every plane she sees in the sky she asks if it's grandma's plane. LOL.

Tuesday was a blur Em's class had a field trip to McDonalds and the Fire station. When we filled out Em's permission slip she wanted a cheeseburger and an orange drink. She claims to have eaten it. LOL this from the kid that will not try anything new???? Wish I could have seen her eating it! Abbi and I picked her up at the fire station when we drove up she was spraying water and looked to be having a grand time. It was absolutely amazing outside Sun, Mon and Tuesday. Like Summer was here! We went to the park with a bunch of other kids from the class afterwards it was fun until they started fielding balls for the the big boys practicing their hitting. The big kids were very nice but we were worried the little ones would get hit. Had to break out the sunscreen. Later I got to go to Harriets house with Shari and play with our art stuff. I finished Harriet's mask puzzle piece. Show them some stuff with the alcohol inks that is cool. I also did some work in my Egyptian book. I played with Harriets Angel Wings Pigments which are way cool I must have them all. LOL Harriet put together a bag of beads for Emily to use on her necklace she is going to do! Had a super great time!

Wed. came and I was as usual unprepared. I sent out most of my SYI's except on for the month got the house somewhat picked up. More stuff put back in Em's room. i also did the journalling for the Lake Michigan page and picked out vellum quotes and accessories for 2 other pages I'm working on. The journalling for the LM page wouldn't punch with my punch so I have to redo one of them then the layout will be done. Dave was off Wed going to search firms and buying a suit. I didn't get much done scrap wise but I have some stuff still planned to work on.

Thur. Emily had a play date with Caroline she is thrilled to be able to have people over again! Hopefully her room will never get that bad again! She is doing great with her words. She has learned to read 6 words so far and we're going to work on more this weekend. We got her gloves and ruffled socks for her dance recital. I was the only person at the bunny meeting tonight, Mel showed up with our SHL purchases now I have all my hurricanes in my LR I need more glass pebbles to fill them up. Still working on planning the retreat this summer. Not sure I'm goign to get to go this year with this group. I'm going eventually even if I have to go alone. Makes no nevermind to me. Our new bunny special is a mens gift set that is actually pretty nice! I'll have to print out the flier and see if I can sell some of them.

So didn't want to plan stamp camp last night. I'm a little depressed I'm expendable in the retreat crop. I know it's all mostly because Aunt Betty arrived but it had me bummed. I finished most of camp lastnight now I just need to finish cutting paper today. Abbi is super happy today but decided about 10 min ago she wanted a bottle so she would take a nap. She's talking more clear everyday. Today saying Mama I want baba peese! So now I'm off to cut more paper and finish the mini album for tonight. Luckily only 5 tonight. But Dave is going to be gone tomorrow morning during camp so I'm not sure how the kids are going to get to baseball???? Yikes! I'll call Laurie and Amy and see if they can start earlier so we can get to our games.



No comments: