C.A.R.S. January 2020 Swap - Mad For Plaid or Stripes


And so it begins a new year full of new cards and projects.  For our first C.A.R.S.(Chicago Area Rubber Stampers) card swap we were challenged with Mad for Plaid or Stripes. 

I chose plaid and some new(to me) blue chalk ink pads I found at the Paper Source late last year.  Since this line of in pads are going away I was happy to get 2 shades of blue that worked really well together.   I stamped my plaid using a retired plaid stamp set from Stampin Up called Perfect Plaids and alternated the 2 shades of blue.  The die is from Spellbinders called Rosemal which I layered white on top of silver mirror card.  Felicitations is an old Just Johanna(Odd Bird Planet) stamp which was done in the darker blue and layered again on silver mirror card.  To finish it off I added a few sequins that were iridescent.  It turned out okay.  I somehow envisioned it crisper in my head but it's never the same as how I see it prior to creating it.

Excited for our meeting it's always fun to see what everyone creates.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look today hope your New Year is off to a good start!

No comments: