Summer Break is Near!

It really is it begins tomorrow at 11:21am.  The kids will come running out of the school and ready to begin their summer adventures!  This year has zoomed by!   Soon I will have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader.  Totally doesn't seem possible.

I've been working on teacher gifts for end of year.  I took some old cigar boxes I bought at the church rummage sale a couple of years ago and painted them layered paper and embellishments and made coordinating cards to go inside for 2 of the teachers.  Then for some of the other teachers I used did something similar with mini picnic baskets but the cards in those were 3x3. I also covered nuggets with decorated addres labels and put those in the boxes.    I went with a summery vintage feel for colors.  I have no idea where this came from?  I'm usually so bright with my colors.  But I had to play with pearls and pastels for some reason.  Below is a sampling of the gifts.

4 comments:

Paula said...

These are absolutely beautiful!!!

Kathi said...

Those are so lovely! I'm sure the teachers will be thrilled to receive them.

Thanks for popping by my blog and reminding me to give you a visit too! :D

Dianne said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous cards! Those teachers are SO lucky!

B said...

What lucky teachers! So elegant and pretty!