Shooting Ones Self In The Foot

Hello again. So it's only a full month + since I've blogged. What's happening? Well lets see CKU was AWESOME but exhausting. Mucho creative surge since then. Back into the SU swing of things getting camps going again slowly but surely. Maybe I should take a couple months off in summer it's hard to get back. So more on Octobers camp in my next post. Anyway back to last month. I was in a weekly contest at scribbles.com started with 40 I was eliminated at 25 after 4 weeks. And yes it's official I autditioned/applied for 10 design teams this year and Finally I made one online at my favorite store www.cropperscottage.com. You have to check out the call thread they called while we were driving to TN it was way funny! I'm so excited I can't even see straight can't wait to get started so I've been scrapping like mad! Working on a couple contests and challenges for the board. I'm relieved to have met my goal for this year(make a DT). Dave was funny he said but you only tried for 3 months. I said DUDE it's October I've tried since the begining of the year. Proof positive he doesn't pay attention to my scrapping! Good thing? Bad thing? I'm going to go with somewhat of both! LOL The girls got their new bunkbeds finally and I really mean FINALLY! If you ever consider buying furniture from North Carolina because it's cheaper come to me first I will explain what you have to do and how. What a learning experience in general incompitence. I swear I could have built the furniture faster! It only took 6 months.

D is offically out of work now so in an effort to do something in the house and something with him I started painting various rooms in the house..... You can see it the Shooting of my own foot can't you? Anyway like a mad woman one morning I started ripping wallpaper from the kitchen walls then by 6pm I was buying Taupe paint for the Family room walls and ripping everything out of my bathroom to paint. Not sure how it got upstairs to the bath but it seemed logical at the moment really it did! Mind you the kitchen still has a bit of wallpaper on it that needs to be removed and the bath upstairs isn't even taped and ready to be painted. Yup that's right one more month of my house in complete disaray. The family room however is a wonderful shade of Taupe(silver fox by BM) and the 3 year hole in my ceiling is finally gone for good. That ceiling is being painted down there as we speak. I finally have the girls room and playroom completly set up and organized. And if I could get rid of that darn giant green chair in my room I'd be getting my LR in order! LOL Anyone want a giant forrest green arm chair with itchy fabric?

The past 2 weeks we've all had a touch of a cold just passing it around. Abbi is the last one to have it and I'm hoping she kicks it soon. The weather is cool and crisp now and we've got our halloween deocrations up. I still have to do the cobwebs on the stairs then we get pumpkins and such. I've been crockpot cooking all weekend since we're trying to stay healthy. Chili, soups and stews. Abbi doesn't want dinner in a bowl anymore I think! The look on her face when I put a bowl of beef stew in front of her was "did all the plates break mommy?". She thinks I'm crazy with my bowl food I'm sure!

We went to Nashville last weekend to see my mom. I'm sad I didn't make it to the Puffy Muffin my very most favorite place ever down there that means no chicken salad and no pimento spread and no poppy seed bread WAHHHHHHHHH. Oh and I found out yesterday there is a new scrapbook store in the Factory which I also didn't make it to since I didn't know it was there! So I have an agenda for our next trip!

Ok so now we are caught up minus the nitty gritty details! LOL I'll be back with pics of camp this weekend! It's 10 for $10 we're making Christmas cards so check it out! I know I can never have enough Christmas cards!

No comments: