Valentine Cards - Washi Tape Valentine

So I'm trying to get some Valentine cards done and use up some of my stash that was part of my 2021 Goals this year. (I have a post on this here) I have an entire container of Washi tape I want to use up so I pulled out reds, pinks and blacks and grabbed some more from my regular stash to create these backgrounds.
I then pulled out all my Love/Valentine dies and used these to create the greetings and to cut the larger hearts.  All of this is popped up with foam tape over the washi tape background. 
It was fun using up stash and some dies I forget I have.   
 
I love the washi tape backgrounds I think I'll try this for another set of cards at some point.  I will say this though, washi tape is hit or miss.  There was a lot of cussing when I would get to a roll that just would not peal up.  I think I tossed about 3 full rolls, my patience is lacking when things don't work as they should.  There was a lot of garbagey pieces for the ones that worked even.
 
I am going to revise my 2021 goals just a bit when I get to the quarter to include cards and other projects not just layouts.  Since I  do all kinds of paper crafts and as long as I'm using stash it should count?  No?

No comments: