Half A Heart


Happy Monday! I'm over on the Memory Box Blog today.  We enjoyed a day indoors here in Chicagoland yesterday while a little blizzard dumped some snow on us!  The residual affect is that the kids don't have school today.  Good for them they get a long weekend and a yard full of snow drifts and mounds to play in. 

Yesterday was however the perfect day to get some playing with my crafty supplies done.  So I grabbed the Half a Heart 99130 and went to town creating some Fabulous Fold Die Cut cards.  I'm so excited Memory Box came out with a die that is only half a shape for this technique.  I usually stick my nose in my die cut machine and cross my eyes to try to figure out where to stop die cutting.  This is amazingly simple.

First cut your cardstock  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", then score it at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".  I still like to crease all of the folds lines, especially on white so I can see exactly where the score is.  Next open the card up flat and place it on your cutting mat then set the Half a Heart die to the right of the 2 1/8" score line, make sure your touching the line.  Now just cut.  That's really it.  AMAZING right no lining it up or taping it. 


I decorated the hearts with the Cross Stitched Hearts 99125 cut out of read and black cardstock.  The small hearts got foam taped to the larger ones and then glittered with Stickles.  The smallest hearts decorated the inside of the card.  I did add the XOXO from the Urban Lowercase Alphabet 98874 to the front to complete the card.


Memory Box Products used:

Half a Heart - 99130
Cross Stitched Hearts - 99125
Urban Lowercase Alphabet - 98874
Cranberry Gingham Paper - 77918




No comments: