Star Flash Stencil - Deboss/Letterpress - Tutorial


Debosstutorial
Good Morning!  We have almost reached the end of our Blog Blitz on the Memory Box Blog, I hope you are enjoying everyones amazing projects.  Today I'm showing you how to Deboss/Letterpress  with the Star Flash 88542 Designer Stencil and the Cuttlebug.  You can absolutely use this same technique to Emboss just eliminate the coloring and flip your paper over when you take it off the Cuttlebug plates.
Debosstutorial1
 First start with your Cuttlebug the A platform, two B plates, 1 rubber embossing mat and 2 metal shims.  Mine our different sizes only because that's all I have.  You will also need 1 sheet of cardstock similar dimensions to the stencil 4 3/4" x 6 1/4".  This will protect your rubber embossing mat from getting ink on it and you can cut down your piece when your done.
Debosstutorial2
 Plase the A platform, one metal shim and a B plate on top of that onto the Cuttlebug.
DebosstutorialColoring
 Now with a marker color your stencil.  In this case I used a water based marker they will dry slower.  The marker color used was Faded Jeans Distress ink.
Debosstutorial3
 Lay the rubber embossing mat onto the B plate then the paper.  Gently lay the stencil onto the cardstock without moving it around or it will smudge the cardstock.
Debosstutorial4
 Finally lay the other metal shim over the stencil and then the last B plate onto the cuttlebug.  You can forgo the second metal shim, however the impression will not be as deep or prominant.
Debosstutorial5
 I love the Star Flash stencil and I was even more thrilled with it when I discovered the Star Show Stencil matches up to the stars on it.  This makes it so much fun to color in some of the stars. 
Debosstutorial6
 I Love Love how it lines up!  The technique possibilities are endless!  Here I just sponged some Mustard Seed Distress ink into the open stars.
Debosstutorial7
 I tried to get a decent photograph of how the ink is imbedded in the cardstock.  I did add some stickles to the yellow stars to
Debosstutorial8
 Finally I added the word Congrats to the card since the stars make me think of all of the Graduations I have coming up.  The alphabet used for the word is teh Script Lowercase Alphabet 98896 this fits together nicely to form full words.
Debosstutorial9
 Another close up of the stars.  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Be sure to leave a comment on this post to win a Star Flash Designer Stencil of your own!  Good Luck and have a Wonderful day!
 

No comments: