Winter Stenciling


MBstencil1MBstencil2 I'm back at the Memory Box Blog Today.   I've been having a blast playing with all of the new Memory Box Stencils.  Here are a couple of cards inspired by our current winter atmosphere! (just a nice way of saying cold, wind and ice).

1.  For the Birch Card sponged the Antique Linen Distress ink all over the paper before putting down the Stencil and adding the Various Blues/Greys and Blacks over.  Once the color was the depth I wanted I added the die cut bird and the card was done.  You could embellish this so much more but it is stunning in this simple form.
Products Used -
  • Garden Birch Stencil - 88527
  • Resting Birds - 98527
  • Russian Sage Cardstock for the Card Base
  • Distress Ink Antique Linen, Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Black Soot
  • Red Cardstock to cut the Bird
2.  For the Snow Card I added some Zig 2-way Glue to the back of the Delicate Snowflakes Stencil in a few spots and let it dry.  Then I attachted it to the center of my card to hold it in place.  Sponged all of the Blue Distress Inks all around, concentrating on the center with the deepest colors, and pulled up the stencil.  I then stencilled some letters/words starting with S using the Alphabet Crumbled Stencil in the darkest blue.  Once this was complete I used my 2-way glue again and traced all of the snowflakes and added Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy.  It's hard to see in the picture but they really sparkle.  This is a fun Winter Card.
Products Used -
  • Delicate Snowflakes Stencil - 88529
  • Alpha Crumbled Stencil - 88500
  • Blueberry Distressed Dots Paper for Layering
  • Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood
  • Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy
  • Zig 2-Way Glue pen
 Hope your all staying warm this Winter.  Thank you for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Both projects are beautiful.

I'm most definitely getting the birch trees stencil.