Oh It's Monday................

How was every one's weekend? Ours was well it was..........Emily got her hair cut really really short, she's thrilled. Abs started with the stomach flu yesterday and it continues today. However if you ask her she'll tell you she feels perfect. While she lays like a limp fish on the couch refusing to try to eat or take anything in at all. I'm pretty sure she thinks she'll get to go to school, she has show and tell today, if she tells me she feels great........Dave stopped mopping around yesterday for the most part. He's still sad but he joined us quite a few times to watch TV and even just joked around with us! The snow came yet again! We watched and planned for a snow day that never really happened the snow didn't stick to the pavement, just the grass. We did however remember Dave packed the snow pants into the attic which means no going in the PIT at recess for Em. She'll have to stand on the paved parts of the playground with anyone else thats missing their snow pants. I know I know it's only April and we could get snow into May here but Dave is done with winter he also put away the snow blower. For him winter is over forget the weather forecast.......HA!!!

As for me well, I just facilitated the cookie baking and attemps to hold food down. I tried a new stir fry recipe and discovered how hard it is to find frozen veggie mixes without flavorings. Seriously I wanted a broccoli stir fry blend and in our grocery store there are no blends that first of all aren't steamable or in a steam in box thing and that don't have some sort of flavor mixture on them already. We liked the stir fry recipe so I think I'm going to have to make my own baggies up of stir fry veggies. How ridiculous is that? I also have been avoiding making meatloaf as we like it with ground turkey and lately it seems really watery to me. Well this week I tried a different brand than the one most prevelent in our store. And you know what it's just that brand our turkey meatloaf came out perfect. So that was a good thing. That was all my cooking for the weekend, well I made pancakes for the kids. But that's not interesting I will say however the Fiber One pancake mix fills them up much faster than any other pancake mix and tastes just the same.

So that was our weekend in a nutshell. I made a couple more cards for the Oddbird Planet Sale. Above we have Winston Bowler Bird Left #1543I heading home after a long days work and content to be home. And below we have the Kings army with Kevin Royal Penguin #1555D maybe he shouldn't be cloning? I've been using a bunch of new American Crafts papers lately I just love them all. They are fun fun fun!
Hope eveyrone has a great Monday!

5 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Stir fry sounds good... may have to give that a try. :-) Cute cards!!!

Dianne said...

I know that there's one brand of seaoningless mixed veggies at the Jewel...let me check and find out the brand.
Pancakes with Fiber One...hmmm...sounds good!

I love your cards.

I can't wait to see Emily's haircut...I bet she looks adorable!

Debbie said...

I love these cards, especially the first one. The colors, the layout, the images - perfect! So happy and fun!!

Karrie Baker said...

These both turned out GREAT!!! Love them!

Lyn S said...

Cute fun cards!