I think this is OK to post now? SURPRISE

So Sunday we were at my in-laws house. Visiting having dinner etc. The phone rang and it was my nephew from Iraq. He talked to Grandma and Grandpa and then had to go. Very cool to have him call while we were there. And then we moved on with our visit. Fast forward to today! My FIL calls in the early evening and asks if we'll be home, they'll be out by us and want to drop something off. Cool we'll be around all evening. So about 6:15 the doorbell rings and it's Grandma and Grandpa so the scrambling for the door begins, you know little girl squeals! They come in and say they brought a surprise and kept looking outside. Seriously I thought they bought a new car or something when in walks........................Matthew! He made arrangements with Grandma and Grandpa to pick him up and surprise everyone his Dad, Paula and the kids and his Mom at work, his brothers etc. He has to go back to Iraq in a couple of weeks but it was Wonderful to see him safe and sound here at home! The girls were thrilled to see him and were crushed when they had to go back on there tour of surprise! HA But we'll see him more while he's here!


Then they can make him play Wii and Twister Dance Party like they planned! I'm sure he'll love that!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

This post made me grin from ear to ear!!! Every man in my fam is in the Army, so I have a soft spot in my heart for reunions!!!!! He is so blessed to have such a supportive and loving family!

Lyn S said...

What a lovely surprise for you all! I can't imagine what it must be like having family working in a war zone.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What a happy surprise!