Gingerbread House!!! Food/Candy Post Warning!

A favorite holiday tradition is decorating a gingerbread house. I'm not sure if it's the decorating or the planning of eating all the candy that's the most important but either way we all have alot of fun with it! The last couple of years I've ordered the house premade from the bakery here in our neighborhood. It's awesome putting together a house and getting it to stand with two little girls jumping around me asking when it will be done is not my favorite part. So the bakery makes it tons easier and the bonus is their gingerbread is FABULOUS tasting and they add a cotton ball poof coming out of the chimney like smoke. As you can see we had lots of candy including traditional gum drops, lifesavers, and red hots as well as some things I discovered while perusing the stores candy isle. Love the Peep trees I have to get a shot of the wall with the JOY Peep that was cool. So that's it for now I'm sure I'll have another angle tomorrow. I have to destickify my table now! ICK!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Ann said...

All I can say is "Yumm-y!" :D

Anonymous said...

So much fun! I love making these with the boys as well, but getting the house up is always the worst part! I'll have to see if I can find something like you did. :D

itsallrosi said...

your house came out great!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What fun! My son and I used to make a gingerbread house every year. We would eat so much candy that we would be miserable. LOL!

Dianne said...

You and the girls are definitely top shelf candy architects...your house turned out beautifully!

Lyn S said...

What a fun project! Seems like a shame to eat something so pretty though!

B said...

What fun! :-) I love gingerbread houses and yours came out so well!

fishlips said...

Yum Yum Yummy and so much fun!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Family!!!


Hugs,
Erin

Virginia Killmore said...

soooooo yummy looking wish I was there!