You Brighten My Day - Stars and Stripes Card Series


Yay back on track.  The kids are finishing up the first semester of Summer School then going off to their respective jobs helping me out at work!  (DOUBLE Yay my office is going to get rid of most of the boxes while they are there!!!)  Our latest card series is underway and getting me excited for the upcoming 4th of July festivities!   I really wish we had a beach here but I will have to dream of lighthouses and beaches until I can get back to Florida.


Today's card will suffice as a manifestation of my dream.....  I love this little Lighthouse on the beach from Lawnfawn and I've colored it with Zig Clean Color Markers on Strathmore Cold Press watercolor paper.   The lighthouse of course comes with it's own stripes so I have added some stars in the night sky using my water brush to remove some of the color and putting a rhinestone in the middle of the washed out dot and a little yellow put back in so that the rhinestone looks as if it glows.  I love this technique wouldn't it e wonderful for a wedding or shower card so it looks like diamonds are glowing?  Or little street lamps, or lights on a Christmas tree.  The possibilities are endless.....

Thank you so much for stopping by today and getting a little Beachy stars and stripes.  Have a Wonderful remainder of your week!

No comments: