Virtual Crop - Mixed Media Madness - Friday/Saturday/Sunday Recap 6 Layouts

 
 Once again doing the Victoria Maria virtual crop Mixed Media Madness.  I love these even though this the weekend it was held this month there were other things going on and I had to leave the house a couple of times for events.  This of course made it so I got less completed during the crop but 6 layouts is still not to shabby.  
 
My first layout above is of my Grandmother, my Mom, Aunt and Uncle.  I love this photo and the mixed media on this one is Distress Oxide Ink with a lace stencil to create the floral background.  The paper and die cuts are Pretty Little Studios Miss Sadie Rose from my March Scraproom kit.  and I used an old border die as the border strip.  Love how this turned out.
 
 This Valentine layout is of the gifts for my family for Valentines this year.  A friend of mine makes these beautiful cookies(and their yummy).  I was so excited to give them to everyone.  Cookies are always a hit.  The challenge was watercolor.  I cheated I have a watercolor paper pad and used that since the colors were ideal.
 
Emily with her first set of mouse ears she was really little.  Lots of stamping on this one which was the challenge the background is all stamped with Echo Park Stamps the cameras are also stamped and Magic Starts Here as well.  The title I created on the Silhouette along with the Mini heads and bows.  Paper is by Basic Grey(I use it sometimes when I'm not saving it).  
 
 
 Longdogs, always together.  Much to Vienna's dismay I think sometimes.  I altered the chipboard title and the heart strips are cut from watercolor paper I painted.  Paper MME, vellum hearts are Studio Calico.
 
 
 I don't do a lot of masculine pages but I was excited to get to use Simple Stories Bro. & Co. from a Scraproom kit last summer.  The background is done with a Memory Box stencil and embossing paste.  Some little letters from Jenni Bowlin and a tag and some stickers from my stash.
 

 Lastly for this crop I did a layout of some birthday pictures of my brother.  I used Doodlebug paper and embellishments.  Stenciled the dots background with Distress Oxide ink and cut the title with my Silhouette.  Some of the 70's and 80's pictures I have are damaged by light but they are all that I have so they will all be documented eventually.

I know I didn't get a lot done this crop and Victoria Marie gives you a couple of weeks after to complete them.  I just find I'm so much more motivated during the crop weekend.  After it's over I tend to move on to different projects.  Maybe I'll come back and finish something half done but that's about it.  Still I think 6 layouts on a weekend I had other things going on is Awesome!    And it's always fun!

Hope someone is inspired by this.  Thanks for stopping by

No comments: