Tropical Card Series - Adventure Shaker Card

So today I have a fun shaker card.  It started with a bit of watercolor background I created using all of the various blues I had.  I thought it looked very oceany.  So I stamped a palm tree with a bit of island.  I water colored the tree with my new Daniel Smith watercolors.  There is a little shaker building pic on my Instagram.
For the frame I used some Spellbinders dies and acetate.  The frame was cut from white cardstock which I stamped with a Leaf from the same set as the Palm Tree, retired Stampin Up - Do the Hula.  The leaves are stamped with Distress Ink Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint.
I created a foam tape shaker box and added some Seashore Micro Beads and a few blue and green sequins.  I did get a bit carried away with the Seashore Beads.  Eeeep you can no longer see my little Island I painted a lovely sandy color.   Oh well it's still cute.  The word Adventure is cut from my newest super deal the Tim Holtz Adventure Thinlets.  I got these at Hobby Lobby last week for $7 that's almost 60% off YAY!!!  I love a bargain I end up using right away!   The blue twine or Caribbean is from the Twinery.  I ordered a bunch of solids with some friends awhile ago it's about time I used some.  The card base is a dark Kraft.

WOW this was a wordy post....  Sorry about that.  Thank you so much for coming by to visit.  I really appreciate it!  Hope your having a Wonderful Week!

No comments: