February 14 layout challenge - Final Post and CalvinBall

Ok so these are my last 3 layouts for February.  I challenged myself to do 14 which is about as many as I have done in the last 2 years total.  I haven't really scrapbooked in years.  What did I learn this month?  Well first I can find my mojo if I don't overthink it.  No page needs to take longer than a day(really)!   Seriously there is another one coming up right behind it, it's like getting a do over every time you sit down to create.  I have had a problem in the past thinking each layout has to be perfect.   I did a project last summer/fall where I put all of my layouts into albums, they were in boxes.  I was really impressed with what I did in the past for the most part.  I couldn't remember what I was stressing over on each layout and it was a ton of fun to look back at the photos and stories.  The point being I have thousands of photos that haven't been printed just waiting to be made into a layout that my family will appreciate no matter what I do to it.  Above all HAVE FUN!
Ok here is that paper from the Authentique Renew Expo kit.  I really like how it looks with older photos.  Lots of embellishments from my ephemera tray.  These pics are fun that's me on the top left and on top of my Dad in the bottom photo.  The baby is Cris when he was tiny.  We were all Cut & Happy then, heeheehee.
 This one is of Emily in one of her first Dance Classes.  I'm not sure why I dressed her in black but she does stand out(I'm sure I was not thinking like that then).  I hand cut the title I traced with a stencil, I remember doing this on all of my layouts years ago before electronic cutters.
 Love the frame to show off Em.  The colors of the photos are so odd because of the room lighting.
For the most part all of the papers came out of my pink scraps.  I only cut a new sheet of light green vellum for the mat on one photo.
This one is using almost all new product from the Box I ordered from BasicGrey.  So sad they are not going to be doing paper anymore.  I have a ton of old lines I've been hoarding away.  I've planned a few layouts for March with them.  Can't wait to dig in.
These photos are older Mia was an only puppy then and it's hard to remember when she was the only dog my Mom and Joel had plus look at how tiny that little puppy face is.  I did break out my sewing machine for this one and left it out for next month.

So this wraps it up.  I did 14 layouts in February granted the one above was last night.  But I still completed them in February.  All of them can be seen at Scrapbook.com in my gallery

For the month of March I am participating in CalvinBall over at Get It Scrapped.  It will be my first year, I found out about it from YouTube Katie Scott and Nicole Jones 911.  So I went signed up and will figure it out as I go.  My goal is not 100 pages like some or even 50 I will be happy if I get more done than I did last March or even last month.  I have prepped over 60 pages(much like Katie with some of Nicole's tips thrown in for good measure) but those should hold me for a bit.  Even if I wasn't working full time again and traveling this month.  I'm not sure I could scrap that much I'm still working my way back to it, but I'm having a blast. I do have a ton of layout ideas in my Pinterest boards.  I've bought some paper pads and ephemera from Mike's, the big box from BasicGrey, not to mention a years of collecting stash and some new adhesives from Thermoweb and I've got my table all set up.  For now I'm as ready as I'm going to get considering it starts tomorrow.   Wish me luck!

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week.  I'll be back with more updates throughout March.