April Showers Challenge & D.B. Cooper

So this is my last challenge for awhile.  I've been having a great time but now it's time to get serious about class samples and break outs!  Wait till you see what I have in store for Copic classes this month!  WOOOOOOT!!!!!  Ok enough about that.  For the challenge over at the Creative Card Crew the theme was April Showers so we can see some May Flowers!  I'm all for that.  So I created the card below:

So I used some new Echo park papers and a few Spellbinders dies along with some SU punches.  The ribbon is PTI.  The stamp is a Unity Stamp * Rain or Shine.   I also added some stickles at the end.  Image Colored with Copic Colors are as follows  Umbrella R02, R05 & R08 - Dress YG03 & YG05 - Skin E000 & E01 - Rain Boots  Y02 & Y06 - Mans shirt C5 & C7 - Jeans B93, B95 & B97 - Boots E35 & E37 - Rain BG10 & C1

So on to more odd stories from our household.  I know I've mentioned this before but my 10 year old daughter is completely obsessed with the D.B. Cooper legend and mystery.  She was watching yet another history channel program on him this week right about the time they were assigned an invitation to research and write about for an end of year expository writing essay and dimensional project.  So she was very quick to get approval to do her invitation on D.B. Cooper before someone else in her class snatched him up.... Cracks me up because how many 10 year olds know about this legendary criminal? Ex. One of her best friends is trying to find a book on the Black Eyed Peas so she can do hers on the band, mainly Fergie because she's a big fan.   So tonight began the research into D.B. Cooper and the search for a suit coat and tie for her to wear(because that's what he was wearing when he jumped out of the plane).   This weekend begins the treck to the big library to find all the books she can.  And much like the Cival War we will learn and know much more than most would want to about D.B. Cooper.  At least she didn't want to do it on Ghost Hunters that's her current favorite TV Show EEEEK......

Thanks for stopping by hope your having a splendid week.

2 comments:

Berry said...

What a lovely image and great colours thanks for playing at CCC this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Kathi said...

Oooh. I like this one! Great color scheme and coloring.

I also love the blog subject line. :D

Your daughter sounds like a hoot. Kids get interested in the oddest things...