And So it Begins - A New Year of Swaps


It's that time the final swap list is out for the Chicago Area Rubber Stampers or C.A.R.S. stamping group.  We meet at CraftFancy on the second Tuesday of every month except December.  The group has been around for a very long time since Desiree(she is the founder) had her stamp shop in town years ago.

This year I have decided to do only Christmas/Holiday Cards except for September and October where the theme dictates either a season or non-card.   In doing so I will create a couple of extra each month above and beyond the 16 required and keep them for my Holiday cards in December.  I'm excited to be getting a head start on the things I rarely get done around the Holiday's.  Seems wrong when  a card maker doesn't send out holiday cards. 

This is the first month's card the theme is Paint Chips so here is what I came up with.  I wend to the hardware store and let the color that inspired me lead me to what I would create.  As always I try to use those supplies I have collected and never or rarely use and/or a technique I've been wanting to try.  (I know you know it's never but I added rarely so I don't sound like a hoarder of craft supplies.....)  This time I've used some Stampin Up snowflakes(had to mount them) a Martha Stewart border punch and the greeting is from a My Favorite Things set which I do used but it was the perfect size.  The patterned paper is from my BoBunny Double Dots stash and just a bit of silver mirror card to give it some sparkle.

If your curious here is the entire swap list for the year:
January - Paint Chips
February - White on White
March - Bargello
April - Faces
May - Scene Behind a Window
June - Circles
July - Washi Tape
August - Stamp a Container
September - Fall/Autumn
October - Gift Tags
November - Recycle/Upcycle

As always we create 16 to swap with the group.

Thanks so much for stopping by hope your having a wonderful day!




No comments: