Mixed Media Canvas via Ms. Decembers Bombshell Challenge

This months Bombshell Pin Up Ms. December Amanda Philips has challenged everyone to create a canvas using Mixed Media Techniques.  I am a collector of all things mixed media.  Mind you I did say collector, meaning I rarely use them......  So I took this opportunity to play around with a canvas from my stash along with a bunch of Golden and Ranger products. 

First I painted the heart with Barn Door red crackle paint and allowed it to dry.  Then I proceeded to spray and mist the heck out of the canvas.  All of which came off later when I applied my matte medium.  Never the less I tried to age the canvas.  I then stamped the stars from Tattoo Background onto the background with Archival Ink Potting Soil and heat set it.  Then I stamped the keys from Bombshell Angel and Mermaid Treasure all over the heart with Adirondack Snow Cap also heat setting.  After this I stamped the flower from Butterfly Queen with Momento on a second sheet of paper, colored them with Copic then I aged them with Distress Tea Die and cut them out.  The key was cut with the Silhouette and the letters were cut from a Memory Box Die Typewriting Upper Case.  I used my Golden Matte Medium to glue everything down and seal the canvas adding a bit of Golden Acrylic Iridescent Bright Gold to ad a bit of shimmer around the canvas.  Once it was dry I covered the entire canvas with Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy and pushed some Walnut Stain Distress paint into the cracks once it was dry.  It finally looks aged which is good since everyone once in awhile the background became white white again.  Not really what I wanted.  I think I may create a companion piece to this canvas I love how it turned out so much! 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the Bombshell Blog and maybe participate in Amanda's December Challenge this month for a prize!  Gotta love it!  

Have a wonderful Wednesday!  Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments: