Handmade Gift - C.A.R.S. Holiday Celebration




It's that time again for the C.A.R.S. Holiday Party and Gift Exchange.  This year I created a wreath for my gift.  It's very neutral which is sometimes hard for me I like bright colors most of the time.  I stamped all the Kraft Paper around the wreath with a Studio 490 stamp in Archival Potting Soil and then inked and stitched the papers.   Then I wrapped them around the wreath with lace and some jute.  The flowers are Coffee Filters(natural), die cut MME papers, packing paper, manilla folders with walnut ink and lastly Studio 490 Modeling Film which I die cut stamped branches with Archival Black Ink heat and molded it then inked it with Alcohol ink.  I have to say the Modeling Film is a blast to work with.  It will hold it's shape so it will force the paper flowers to hold their shape.  I did put some Melissa Frances glass glitter in the center of the flowers because you need a little sparkle.  I also cut the leaves out of Mulberry and Chocolate Burlap.  To hang it there is a ribbon hanger.

It was fun to make once I got the strips done they got a little monotonous after awhile.  I do like how it turned out.  I love making wreaths for some reason.   Hope you like it.

Have a great day!


No comments: