New Sketch Challenge Coming!

Well it's almost Sunday and just in case I forget I thought I would post a bit early. There is a new Sketch Challenge coming at Linnecards Car-A-Bility Blog. The Mom card below is my card for the challenge. Here we have the embellished piece I used on the card. It's pretty big about 2.5". But I love the flowering tree. That pink is not very true to color it's more subtle. I made a bunch of these for the Etsy store. They took forever gluing each little flower down to the tree. I caught up on a lot of Tivo'd shows let me tell you! But I can't look at these without thinking about Chopped and Lie To Me. It's weird how that works. Anyway back to the card. The word Mom was done with die cut letters. The paper is MME Bohemia.

Lets see what else is happening. I went to the grocery store and Dianne's this morning. So far the store wasn't crowded but the Mom's in the Easter isle all had that stunned look like they couldn't believe everything was already gone. You could see them mentally beating themselves up for not going sooner. I know this I did this last year. Never again!!!! There really was barely anything left, it's the day before I'm not sure what they expected? I got a great deal on plastic eggs though they were marking them down when I got there! Woo Hoo. Now we don't have to go into the attic and get ours! See how lazy I am? If I get that big box down with those eggs, the kids will make me decorate the entire house in Easter and you know what......................I've made it to the day before without having to do it! I'm so proud.......LOL. I did make a faux pas though. I bought one of those big decorated chocolate chip cookies. They showed them in the adds saying Happy Easter. They were not terribly expensive and hey I don't have to make dessert for the kids since they never like the grown up desserts. The cashier said wow Easter and a Birthday. I swear on my life at the bakery it said Happy Easter. It magically changed when I got to the checkout and said Happy Birthday. This is what I get for trying to do all my shopping in under 30 min to miss the rush. Oh well I'll scrape off the Birthday or add re- in front of it or something. Not like the kids care they can eat Birthday first right? So now the rest of today is just cleaning house etc. My total favorite thing to do, NOT!
Hope everyone is having a smashing weekend!

5 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Cute card!

Dianne said...

The challenge card is gorgeous Marnie.
Happy Birthday...umm...I mean Easter!

Ann said...

This is super pretty!!!

Lyn S said...

So pretty!

Virginia Killmore said...

wow so beautiful and the close up is nice touch!