Earth Day Challenge - Reuse Magazines

Here is my challenge for the Earth Day Extravaganza! Reuse/Recycle Magazine pages. Each of these cards is made with recycled Magazine pages. My Mom buys the most amazing Decorating magazines. When I visit she sometimes gives me some of them. After I'm done with them I have a very hard time tossing them out even into the recycle bin. They are beautiful. So the colors and pages that really speak to me I rip out and save for projects. There are tons of things you can do with them. In the top card I punched out leaves from a page that was all about ferns. What a cool border it makes on my Earth Circle. Stamps are Earth and Happy Earth Day by justjohanna's Odd Bird Planet.
On this card I folded and cut out free form large and small flowers. Then I fold, scrunched and layered them adding a metal decoration to the center. I just loved the color scheme of these magazine pages to make this card. You can see some are just ads and some are folded so you can see the writing on the back. You could also stamp all over them to give them more dimension! Here I used the justjohanna, Odd Bird Planet stamp Fabulous. Love love love the largeness of this stamp. I versamarked it onto the background the stamped it in black.
Lastly we have just a die cut picture. This actually came from a Martha Stewart Magazine article about birds. I had to save all the cool pictures of birds since I have lots of words about our feathered friends I figured I'd use them eventually. The stamp is of course Odd Bird Planet.

Ok Now it's your turn. Open up some of your magazines and look for colors and patterns you just love! Rip them out and go to town. Be sure to post a link to your creation here at my blog by Thursday evening and you will be in the drawing for free stamps! Who could resisit?


12 comments:

Kim said...

Fantastic work Marnie! Adore the flower and the way you used the bird photo!

Lyn S said...

Wow, what a great way to recycle magazines! Wonderful cards Marnie!

Christa said...

Funny you should mention this! I just made a bunch of cards from a Martha Stewart magazine - about roses. :) Here are the links if you'd like to see them:

http://frugalideasfromtheparsonage.blogspot.com/2009/04/more-cards-from-magazines.html

http://frugalideasfromtheparsonage.blogspot.com/2009/04/cards-from-magazines.html

Rina said...

Hello, Marnie:) Thanks for sharing us your great samples using magazine pages! Love them all!

Here is mine:
http://rinastampa53.blogspot.com/2009/04/marnies-reuse-magazine-challenge.html
thank you!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What a neat idea! I never thought to recycle magazines like that. Great cards!

Heather said...

I have never thought of using a magazine and have to say I love it and will be doing it again. Thanks
http://heatherraborn.blogspot.com/2009/04/earth-day-challenges-continued.html

Ann said...

Fab cards and a GREAT way to recycle! Love it!

Tifany said...

I think this is the last challenge for me...these have been fun!

http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/2009/04/one-more.html

Teena in Toronto said...

Good job!

Happy blogoversary!

B said...

Oh cute! What great ideas!

Kathi said...

Those are great. I'm glad I don't have to choose a favorite.

Godelieve said...

Great cards Marnie! Amazing ideas!