Pisces Pillow - Cross Stitch Finish

I started this project a few years ago but only about 20 stitches.  The pattern is by Satsuma Street, love their bold bright colors.   I found it while I was packing for my Wisconsin retreat weekend in February.  I wanted something to take a break from paper crafting when that got a little too much.  I got a ton done that weekend and spent most of late Saturday and all of Sunday working on this.  Then I knocked out the remainder the next couple of weeks.  My goal was completion by 3/3/2023 and I mean a complete finish. So I could gift it the next day for Abbi's Birthday.  I am so happy how it turned out.  Black backgrounds are a bit challenging especially with my older eyes.  There has to be a lot of light and something white under the piece for me anyway.
 
I finished it as a pillow as Ab's has tons on her walls and I thought this could be moved around easier.  It's about 7" x 7" although it's a titch off center but for my first pillow finish I was pleased.  I did put a black piece of fabric under the piece inside the pillow I was afraid the white fiber fill would show thru.  Having never done a pillow before I wasn't sure.  I also used some vintage trim I got at a thrift store around the pillow.  Emily pointed out they were very much like tassels and Abbi hates tassels.  That never occurred to me.  Dingle balls are totally different IMO.  Abbi did agree after she received it, they are totally different.

Anyhoo I had to wait to post this until after her birthday so she didn't mistakenly see it before receiving it.  I am really getting back into stitching and picked up another piece I had started awhile back on black again.  As well as my Advent Animals by Brookes Books.   I will share those soon.

Have a wonderful day.  Hope everyone is keeping warm.  Hugs.

No comments: